hours minutes seconds
Fradley Park Primary and Nursery School opens!
Fradley Park Primary & Nursery School Time Lapse
John Taylor Multi-Academy Trust wishes to build on the success of the existing primary schools within its MAT and use their expertise and educational leadership in the area to copy many of the key areas of the curriculum.
The Trust will encourage a wide range of groups such as scouts/guides, sports clubs and community groups to use the school facilities to enable all age groups to come together. The Trust will facilitate summer schools, weekend activity courses and some learning opportunities for the local community.
The curriculum will mirror many of the successes of the broad and balanced curriculum on offer at our Primary Schools and build on the Ofsted-praised ‘STRIPE’ (Self Manager, Team Worker, Reflective, Innovate and Create, Participate, Enquirer), skills curriculum that enables young people to become independent learners with excellent attitudes to their own learning.
The new primary free school will follow and further develop the high quality pupil leadership programmes at all levels. The new Fradley Park Primary School will work closely with our ten primary phase schools.
The Trust already has strong relationships with business, universities and is the host school of the National Forest Teaching School Alliance and the Staffordshire Research School. We will use these relationships and expertise to enable the Trust to push all pupils, whatever their background to achieve their very best. The Trust has already been praised for its work with disadvantaged pupils and intends to develop this strongly in the new primary free school. As with all primary schools within John Taylor MAT, Fradley Park Primary and Nursery School will feature in the admission arrangements for John Taylor High School as a contributory primary school.
The school will:-
- Have an inclusive approach.
- Be non-selective, welcoming of children of all faiths, social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Offer a broad, balanced, high quality curriculum underpinned by exceptional support, care and guidance.
- Be a learning hub for the wider community, seeking to contribute to cohesion in an area of new housing development with limited alternative local amenities.
- Work effectively alongside neighbouring schools.
- Equip its young people with the knowledge, experiences, skills and attributes to enable success beyond school.
- Further the innovate heritage of John Taylor MAT, through the extension of its founder school’s strengths; the achievement and progress of the most able, the acquisition of key learning skills, and the development of leadership attributes and experiences – both within and beyond the taught curriculum.