AT JOHN TAYLOR MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
John Taylor Multi Academy Trust currently comprises four secondary schools and ten primary schools across Cannock and East Staffordshire and South Derbyshire. The Trust has a pupil population of over 6000 children and around 850 staff with a £36.3m budget. The Trust has grown steadily since its inception in 2014. In addition to the opening of John Taylor Free School in September 2018, the Trust will be opening a further three free schools over the next three years – two primary phase and one all-through. This is an opportunity for a professional to join our Trust Board and provide support and guidance to the Trust’s core team, promoting and celebrating their achievements in order to enable continued sustainable growth. Our skills appraisal indicates that we would benefit particularly from the joining of an individual with public relations and marketing experience.
The board seeks an individual with board-level experience in one or more of the following:
- Branding/ Marketing/Public Relations
- Programme and Project Management
- Legal (any of property, commercial, employment)
- Risk Management
- Community Connections
As a key member of the Board, you will support the Trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Strategic development and growth – supporting the development and implementation of a new three-year Trust strategic plan.
- Covid-19 Recovery – provide strategic perspective to support executive leaders to continue to manage through a global pandemic and prepare for changes in the way they run schools.
- Putting inclusion at the heart of every school.
- Staff recruitment, retention and induction.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month. Together with other Board directors, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
All roles are pro bono.
People from a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For further information, please contact Gareth Moss, Chair, JTMAT – firstname.lastname@example.org