Subject Leader – Science
TMS & TLR payment between TLR2.5 (£4,655) and TLR 2.7 (£6,453)
dependent upon experience
Required for Easter or September 2020 by negotiation
Kingsmead School, a partner academy in John Taylor Multi-Academy Trust (JT MAT), are looking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Subject Leader in Science to join a successful and supportive department.
You will have the opportunity to teach across the full age and ability range with an excellent induction programme and professional development opportunities.
The position is an opportunity for a candidate who is ambitious for their own career progression as well as the achievement of Kingsmead students. The successful candidate will have a clear passion for their subject and be able to express this through their teaching and planning. Alongside the Senior Leader for EBacc, there will be opportunities to lead developments within the Science department to improve achievement and further increase the profile of Science within the school.
The successful candidates will:
- Be a passionate advocate of the subject who contributes effectively to departmental and whole school improvement
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate the highest professional standards
- Be able to teach across the full age and ability range at age 11-18
- Be able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school
- Have high expectations of yourself and others
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
Please review our ‘Recruitment Pack’ on the school website before submitting your application.
Visits to the School are very welcome and encouraged, please get in contact if you would like to arrange this.
Closing date for applications: 9am Friday 14th February 2020
Interview will take place on: To be confirmed
Please download and complete an application form and return it to:
- Recruitment Pack
- Science Department Information
- Job Description
- Person Specification
- Application Form
- How we use your data (Privacy Notice)
- Guidance Notes for Candidates
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A copy of the ‘Safeguarding Policy’ is available to view by visiting the School website: http://www.kingsmeadschool.net
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from the school or by visiting https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service.
Please note: CV’s are not accepted. Only fully completed application forms are to be submitted for shortlisting.