Shobnall Primary School
Main Scale – UPS
Required for September 2019
The Governors of Shobnall Primary School would like to appoint a full time teacher, to teach in Key Stage Two on a permanent contract basis.
Shobnall School is an outstanding Primary School in Burton-on-Trent. We are deemed “outstanding” by OFSTED through the whole hearted commitment of staff, teachers and governors who are committed to their own personal development and maintenance of the high school standards for our pupils. The school has a reputation for training and developing leaders and therefore this post would be suitable for either a newly qualified teacher or an experienced teacher who is dedicated and looking for strong career development, the salary for this post will be negotiable dependent on experience.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, highly motivated teacher who will enhance our caring and friendly Primary School. The successful candidate will:
- Be expected to have subject lead responsibility for curriculum and policy;
- Be willing to work hard to be flexible to coaching
- Contribute to the life and mission statement of the school through involvement in the work of the Parents & Friends Association and delivery of extra-curricular clubs for the children.
Governors are looking to appoint a teacher with particular strengths in the following areas:
- Behavioural management
- Use of assessment data to track pupil progress to provide timely and appropriate intervention
- Lesson planning which effectively achieves the learning outcomes for each pupil
- Ability to provide effective differentiation
- Pupil feedback which is effective in ensuring that children make significant gains in their understanding.
Interested candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged to visit the school. Further details and application forms are available online. Please support your application with a cover letter to demonstrate practice in the key areas identified.
Closing Date: 12PM Wednesday 1st May 2019
Interviews will take place on: Friday 17th May 2019
Candidates will be notified by e-mail.
As part of the interview process candidates will be expected to deliver a lesson followed by a formal interview. Details of this have yet to be finalised and this will only apply to short-listed candidates.
Further information about the school can be found on our website www.shobnallprimaryschool.co.uk where you will also find out latest OFSTED Inspection Report.
All applications should be returned directly to the school, addressed for the attention of the Head Teacher
- Job Description
- Application Form
- How we use your data (Privacy Notice)
- Guidance Notes for Candidates
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A copy of the ‘Safeguarding Policy’ is available to view by visiting the School website: http://www.kingsmeadschool.net
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from the school or by visiting https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service.
Please note: CV’s are not accepted. Only fully completed application forms are to be submitted for shortlisting