John Taylor Multi-Academy Trust proposes to establish a primary free school to the west of Burton on Trent, Staffordshire in order to meet increasing need for primary school places in the locality. Our proposal, endorsed by local schools, Staffordshire County Council and the Regional Schools Commissioner will ensure high quality education for local growth.
Branston Locks Primary School (working name) will therefore look to open in September 2021. A site has been identified by the local authority.
Community Engagement Event – Wednesday 17th January 2019
JTMAT were delighted to welcome representatives from East Staffordshire Borough Council, local Parish Councillors, Nurton Developments, Cameron Homes and Branston Golf and Country Club to the Community Engagement Event on 17th January 2019. The presentation from the event is attached.
If you were unable to attend the event but wish to find out more please contact email@example.com
Our Vision for the Primary Free School
John Taylor Multi-Academy Trust wishes to build on the success of the existing primary schools within it’s MAT and use their expertise and educational leadership in the area to copy many of the key areas of the curriculum.
The Trust will encourage a wide range of groups such as scouts/guides, sports clubs and community groups to use the school facilities to enable all age groups to come together. The Trust will facilitate summer schools, weekend activity courses and some learning opportunities for the local community.
The Curriculum will mirror many of the successes of the broad and balanced curriculum on offer at our Primary Schools and build on the Ofsted-praised ‘STRIPE’ (Self Manager, Team Worker, Reflective, Innovate and Create, Participate, Enquirer), skills curriculum that enables young people to become independent learners with excellent attitudes to their own learning.
The new primary free school will follow and further develop the high quality student leadership programmes at all levels. The new Branston Locks Primary School will work closely with Yoxall St. Peters’ and Thomas Russell Infants’ Schools and share good practice.
The Trust already has strong relationships with business, universities and is the host school the National Forest Teaching School Alliance. We will use these relationships and expertise to enable the Trust to push all students, whatever their background to achieve their very best. The Trust has already been praised for its work with disadvantaged students and intends to develop this strongly in the new primary free school.
The school will:-
- Have an inclusive approach.
- Be non-selective, welcoming children of all faiths, social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Offer a broad, balanced, high quality curriculum, underpinned by exceptional support, care and guidance.
- Be a learning hub for the wider community, seeking to contribute to cohesion in an area of new housing development with limited alternative local amenities.
- Work effectively alongside neighbouring schools.
- Equip its young people with the knowledge, experiences, skills and attributes to enable success beyond school.
- Further the innovative heritage of John Taylor MAT, through the extension of its founder school’s strengths: the achievement and progress of the most able, the acquisition of key learning skills, and the development of leadership attributes and experiences – both within and beyond the taught curriculum.
- Site Location
- Letter of Support – Staffordshire County Council
- Letter of Support – Michael Fabricant MP
- Letter of Support – Andrew Griffiths MP
- Letter of Recognition – Pank Patel
- Letter of Support – Tatenhill & Rangemore Parish Council
- Letter of Support – Nurton Developments
- Letter of Support – Cameron Homes
What can you do?
We hope that after reading about the plans for John Taylor Multi-Academy Trust and seeing the detailed information on the above you are able to support the plans for us to open an inclusive school in September 2021.
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to John Taylor Free School Bid, John Taylor Multi Academy Trust, c/o John Taylor Free School, Branston Road, Tatenhill, Staffs, DE13 9SA.