Rugeley John Taylor
An all through school
hours minutes seconds
Rugeley John Taylor opens!
Our Vision for the Rugeley John Taylor
John Taylor Multi-Academy Trust wishes to build on the success of the existing 10 primary and 4 secondary schools (including an open free school) within its MAT and use their expertise and educational leadership in the area to create an “all through” (nursery to Post-16) eco-school in Rugeley, Staffordshire.
The new 2FE primary phase will follow and further develop the high quality pupil leadership programmes at all levels. The primary phase will work closely with existing schools within the Trust, share good practice, and develop children who are ready to embrace the opportunities of the next stage of learning.
The new 5FE secondary phase will mirror many of the successes of the broad and balanced curriculum already on offer within JTMAT with an emphasis on STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) that enable young people to become independent learners with excellent attitudes to their own development.
The Trust already has strong relationships with businesses and universities, and is the host school the National Forest Teaching School Alliance and the Staffordshire Research School. We will use these relationships and expertise to enable the Trust to challenge all pupils, whatever their background, to achieve their very best.
The school will:-
- Open in September 2023.
- Be called the Rugeley John Taylor School
- Be all through from nursery to Post-16.
- Be non-selective, welcoming children of all faiths, social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Serve new housing development in Rugeley, and also meet the demands of the wider town for secondary provision, for which there are insufficient places.
- Be sustainable and an eco-school.
- Offer a broad, balanced, high quality curriculum with a focus on STEM subjects underpinned by exceptional support, care and guidance.
- Be a learning hub for the wider community, seeking to contribute to cohesion in an area of new housing development with limited alternative local amenities.
- Work effectively alongside neighbouring schools, both within and those external to the Trust.
- Equip its young people with the knowledge, experiences, skills and attributes to enable success beyond school.
- Further the innovative heritage of John Taylor MAT, through the extension of its founder school’s strengths: the achievement and progress of the most able, the acquisition of key learning skills, and the development of leadership attributes and experiences – both within and beyond the taught curriculum.
Further Reading & Information
- Location in relation to other JTMAT Schools
- Site Boundary
- Letter of support – Amanda Milling MP (Cannock Chase)
- Letter of support – Michael Fabricant MP (Lichfield)
- Letter of support – Cllr Philip White (Staffordshire County Council)
- View our latest news and information
What can you do?
We hope that after reading about the plans for Rugeley John Taylor School and seeing the information above you are able to support the plans for us to open an inclusive all through eco-school school in September 2023.
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Rugeley John Taylor School, c/o John Taylor Multi Academy Trust, John Taylor Free School, Branston Road, Tatenhill, Staffs, DE13 9SA.