at John Taylor Multi Academy Trust
Having recently been appointed at the Headteacher of a large Walsall secondary school with a number of challenges, your support in the implementation of our strategy to move the school out of ‘requires improvement’ status was crucial.
We’re here to ease the pressures:
The John Taylor MAT family of schools will have access to our support services, enabling them to concentrate on the core purpose of education. This means that some of the strategic activities will be managed and supported centrally by the Trust, whose board has representation from its schools. It is only the Trust Board, on behalf of the Trust, which has the legal authority to make decisions about:
- Pupil Admissions;
- Human resource issues
- finance issues;
- land ownership or leases;
Sponsored Academies are those usually falling into the ‘inadequate’ category. They require the maximum support within the Trust family.
For good to outstanding schools: These schools will become part of the JT MAT family of schools, providing leadership, inspiration and support to other members of the group.
For schools requiring improvement: For schools that are not reaching at least satisfactory levels of performance we will provide significant levels of support or intervention as is required to ensure that they make rapid progress.
These may include:
- professional support and challenge, built on strong relationships and mutual respect;
- support for Governor development;
- deep collaboration for improvement;
- a rich continuous professional development offer;
- succession planning and talent management;
- peer learning opportunities;
- deep collaboration and co-operation between schools;
- research-informed practice, and practice informed research;
- a rich partnership with The National Forest Teaching School Alliance, including the recruitment of School Direct and SCITT teacher trainees;
- combined support via the sharing of expertise across the Trust;
- a strong united voice within a changing political landscape;
- transparency, honesty, respect and integrity