Freedom of Information Requests
The Freedom of Information Act, Environmental Information Regulations and INSPIRE Regulations give you rights to access official information. This does not grant you access to your own data/information, this must be accessed via a Subject Access Request (see below).
Under the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations you have a right to request any recorded information held by John Taylor Multi-Academy Trust. For more information regarding the Freedom of Information Act please visit the ICO’s wesbite and our own policies page.
Before you request information
Before requesting you should:
- search our websites for the information
- check other wesbites/source where we or the Department of Education publish more information such as, https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk or https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics
- check our list of previous FOI requests to see if the information is there
Making your request
When sending us a request you should:
- be specific about the information you want, providing a time frame if you can
- let us know how you’d like to receive the information (by post, email, or in person)
- provide contact details in case we need to discuss the request with you
If your request is for information that falls within one of the Act’s exemptions we will tell you which one and in most cases why the information can’t be given.
Subject Access Requests
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants you the “right to access” otherwise known as a “Subject Access Request”. This allows you or an individual acting on your behalf to request information we hold about you. More information can be found on the ICO’s website.
If you have decided to make a Subject Access Request or Freedom of Information Request please submit your request including any documentation and/or proformas to:
|Postal Address||Email Address|
John Taylor MAT,
c/o Fradley Park Primary & Nursery School,
|Subject Access Requests
Freedom of Information Request